Public Health – Prenatal, Maternity and Postpartum Support
Public Health Nurse services provided by Interior Health in Revelstoke include immunizations, breastfeeding support, prenatal/postpartum information, and supports for new parents.
- Pregnancy Testing and prenatal information
- Postnatal follow up for moms and babies – you can expect a call and a home visit from a Public Health nurse. New parents are encouraged to use these services and reach out anytime.
- Breastfeeding support
- Postpartum depression support and resources
- Infant crying
- Providing health information and screening (including development, health and safety)
- Nursing support services for children with special needs
- Child development parenting skills promotion and guidance
- Dental, hearing, vision, speech and language services
- Support for dads and partners
Grow with Me – Weight and See – Follow your baby’s growth and development. Drop-in with your baby on Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 10:30 am at the Revelstoke Early Years Centre, Room 128 – 1001 Mackenzie Ave., Revelstoke, BC, P. (250) 814-2244
- In BC, vaccinations are offered free of charge to protect children from 12 different diseases
- Vaccines are given at two months, four months, six months, twelve months, eighteen months and when entering kindergarten.
Revelstoke Public Health
1200 Newlands Rd., Revelstoke, BC
P. (250) 814 – 2244