Surgical Services are provided by local Family Physicians with Enhanced Surgical Skills and Anesthesiology training, operating room nurses, perioperative aides and booking clerk as well as several visiting surgeons and specialists from surrounding hospitals.
Local family physicians provided a wide variety of surgical services to the local community. Services provided include:
- Dental services for standard dental work such as extractions and restorations
- Oral Surgery for dental, oral and facial conditions
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- General Surgery including option of Laparoscopic Procedures (i.e. Appendectomies, Hernia repair, cholecystectomy, Screening and Diagnostic Endoscopy etc.)
- Gynecological and Obstetrical Surgery including Cesarean section
- Orthopedic/Plastic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
A referral is required by your family physician/visiting specialist. Once a referral is made, the Operating Room Booking Office located at Queen Victoria Hospital will contact you with your appointment time and instructions for preparing for your surgery which may include telephone screening from an RN or attending the Pre Surgical Screening Clinic.
The Operating Room Booking Department at Queen Victoria Hospital is open Monday-Friday 07:00-15:00.
Queen Victoria Hospital
1200 Newlands Rd., Revelstoke, BC
P. (250) 837-2131